Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Horse hair

Call me crazy. Call me nuts. Call me desperate. But I did it.

My hair lately has been so coarse. No body. So dry and lifeless. Of course it's probably because I have dyed it for 30 years and blow dry it daily.

Once on a cruise, I splurged and got a facial. The stylist who was from Argentina or some erotic place that creates beautiful women with gorgeous hair told me that my hair was "VERY VERY DAMAGED." It sounded better with a sexy accent but the truth still was clear. I had crap hair. Miss Argentina 2008 cleansed my skin and put some magic potion in my hair that would "heal" my hair. Well surprise of surprise, after spending $150 on cruise products, my hair was still crap.

I have tried every shampoo and conditioner on the planet. I have prepped, babied and oiled my hair to get the life back.

Nothing worked. I was ready to try home remedies. Mayonnaise, beer.

But I went online last night and searched for "my hair looks like sh*t" and up comes a website called "Horse Hair and Mane."

Yup, it's horse shampoo and conditioner. I am chuckling as I am reading the advertisement but then I went to the comments and hmmmm, people were loving this product!!

And many people claimed that their hair grew faster and healthier. Pretty strong claims. But then again my hair hasn't grown in 2 years. It has gotten more gray but it really hasn't grown much. And I have a new style in mind for my daughter's wedding in September. That gives me 7 months to get a new head of hair. Game on.

This morning I went to a farm store. I was so hoping I wouldn't see anyone I knew to see me in the horse section as most of my friends know I do NOT own a saddle, let alone a horse.

And there I saw it. "Horse Mane and Tail" shampoo and conditioner. On the bottom shelf. I read the back of the bottle and it clearly had directions for HUMANS and HORSES. In that order. I quickly grabbed the oversized bottles (I guess for horse hair, you need a lot of shampoo and conditioner!) and went through check out.

"Did you find everything you need?" says the clerk. Yes, yes, just check me out. Please don't ask if I own a horse.....

I went home and hopped in the shower thinking this was probably going to be the worst mistake in my life and I will walk out of the shower, towel off my hair only to see all my hair in the towel. I would be BALD! Not a good look for an old lady.

But no. I still had hair. So far so good.

And this is the surprising part. The bottle claims that you can see the difference in your hair in the first application. Yeah, sure.... but I did!! My hair has never felt so soft!! It felt good and it looks healthier.

Now I don't know if it's just my mind working overtime or if I am just wishful thinking but my hair styled better and has a beautiful shine. Honestly.

I am sold.

But now I have a craving for a sugar cube.

3 comments:

  1. My roommate used that shampoo and swears by it! You can find it at stores like Walmart now in the regular shampoo aisle. Hope it works for you!

    Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this stuff but never believed the glowing stories. Now I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard!!

    ReplyDelete