Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring?

I woke up this morning and saw white. The two robins in my yard are very confused. I'm glad I didn't take off my snow tires yet. Apparently Mr. Winter is putting up a good fight to say byebye.

But today was my day to start spring cleaning. I should invite family over TODAY, RIGHT NOW as my kitchen is sparkling. My closest family member is in Chicago so I must bask in the glory of my bright white kitchen solo. I'm embarrassed to say that it has been a long time since I scrubbed the cabinets, polished the stainless steel and cleaned the microwave. And the best thing about cleaning (especially with bleach) is my fingernails are clean too! It's a double whammy. Everytime the urge hits me and I do deep cleaning I think that I will clean daily/weekly after that and the chore won't be so overwhelming. But alas, the couch and tv win out and I put that urge on the back burner (no pun).

I've been working on my kitchen for 3 hours now. And I admired for 5 minutes.

I'm exhausted.

I gave up "productivity" for lent. Is it a sin if you break the lent giving upper?

That's enough for today! Tomorrow I will tackle another room. Unless I get the back burner urge again. I have no willpower.

Now I must find the gloves and scarfs I foolishly put away to cuss at the snow I have to step over to get to the car to scoop off the snow to get in the freezing car to start the cold engine to drive to a crowded store to shop wearing a bulky winter coat to find spring bargains to put in the closet until spring comes. The is the day that Joly built....

2 comments:

  1. Come be productive in my house! I say there is no holiness in housecleaning. N

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hear about your spring cleaning! My house is one big dust ball now that the floor is in. And a new puppy peeing everywhere doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete